Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Nearing the end of the school year!

Today as I sit here at my desk at work, I am thinking how quickly yet how slowly this school year has passed.  At times it seems things have moved right along, and other times I feel like time has just dragged by. Regardless, just 6 more working days until we are set free for that much needed and longed for Summer Break!!  It has been a pretty rough year, and seems that youth these days are just getting worse and worse in the disrespect area.  I firmly believe that scheduled breaks for teachers and staff who work in the public school system are a must in order to maintain some form of sanity, and to be able to regain mental composure. I know I sure need it after this year.
The rains that we have received have sure made everything green and glorious, with flowers and rose bushes producing the most beautiful blooms.  It is a bit unusual since we are more used to the droughts that cause things to be much more dim, so we welcome this wonderful change around us.  Not real happy with all the tornado weather and floodings that are happening, but we are thankful for the much needed rain around here.
With this being the end of the school year, it is also a lot of excitement going on for the Seniors, as they wind down their final year of High School.  It is hard to believe that we were experiencing all of this just 2 short years ago with Mandi, our youngest daughter.  Seems the older they get the faster time goes by.  Wonder why that is?  Memorial Day weekend is in a few days, and I usually plan a patio party and cookout for some of our family and friends. Well, presently our patio holds the contents that we had moved out of our storage back in April- and we have yet to get it all sorted and done away with. Just haven't had the time to tackle it, but maybe if we get a little bit of energy on Saturday we could clear enough space to enjoy some fellowship- otherwise we will just try and make other plans. Going to just wait and see what the weather has in store. Kind of wanting to wait until I am off work for the summer before starting any cleaning out projects. I just don't have enough energy these days to get stuff done like I used to. Have to kind of pace myself better and allow much more time. It gets me so aggravated when I can't function as I wish to, but oh how thankful I am that I at least am not an invalid and having to depend on others to take care of me. So I will take my having to slow down and take my time to get things done over not being able to do anything at all for myself.
God is so good to me, and I am thankful for my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment